£2000 sign up and retention bonus for PCV licence holders!
Submit an online application form.
Let us drive your career in a new direction!
Interested in becoming a trainee coach driver?
If you don't have your PCV licence yet, we still want you on board as a trainee coach driver.
Have a PCV licence already?
If you have a valid PCV licence - we want you to join our friendly team!
Come and join Bournemouth’s locally owned and locally operated coach company. Due to expansion within our Yellow Coaches operation, we are looking for experienced drivers to join our winning team - with an added bonus... a £2000 bonus!
We are looking for flexible and committed individuals who have experience of giving great customer service, and driving buses and coaches.
Do you have a valid D1 licence for driving minibuses? We operate these too! Whether you want to drive a minibus on a school contract or upgrade your licence, we are waiting to hear from you!
You will be at the forefront of our business delivering excellence to our clients on a variety of work. You must be well turned-out and ensure that your vehicle is kept clean at all times as you will be driving some of the best coaches on a variety of work.
In return we offer you 40 hours per week - full time, with an attractive hourly rate of £11.50 per hour with a pay rise pending from 1st September, making us one of the highest paid operators in the area for coach drivers. Our shifts are varied, but provide a work-life balance with optional overtime available.
You will be provided access to cleaning materials and a smart company uniform to ensure both coach and driver are looking their best, as well as recognition awards for drivers who really do go the extra mile.
As part of your role, you would be required to operate buses or coaches on rail replacement duties and school services as required by the business.
In addition to an attractive hourly rate, you and a family member will get free travel passes to use on our network and reciprocal operators in the area, such as Go South Coast and First Hampshire & Dorset.
Yellow Coaches operate buses and coaches for a variety of work, including school contracts and rail replacement, with coaches for private hire, UK Tours, contract hire, Golden Tours and Megabus services to London.
With the opportunity of an immediate start and as a ‘thank you’ for joining us, you will receive an extra £500 payment the first week that you drive on your own following a training period.
You will then receive a further £1000 six months later and the third payment of £500 after 12 months of service.
We love recommendations, so if you’ve been introduced by an existing Bournemouth Transport employee, we will give them £600 as a thank you too, so make sure you put their name on your application form!
What we are looking for:
- A Full PCV driving licence, with no more than 6 points (depending on reason)
- Valid CPC - training can be given on-site
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience in driving coaches & buses
- The flexibility to work a variety of shifts and work
What we can offer you:
- £11.50 per hour - pay rise pending to £12.43 from 1st September
- A guaranteed minimum of 40 hours per week
- Boost earnings with overtime opportunities
- Part-time or casual working available
- Job security and progression opportunities
- Free bus travel on all Yellow Buses and reciprocal operator services for you and a plus one
- Access to various employee discounts including supermarkets and other high street shops and restaurants
- Pension scheme
- Paid annual leave
- FREE fruit for all staff - to help keep you healthy at work