Yellow Buses Holding Group Environmental Policy
Yellow Buses Holding Group understands and recognises the environmental impacts that arise from all of its business activities, from operation of our fleet of buses and coaches to engineering and administration activities. Yellow Buses Holding Group is committed to minimising the environmental impact of its operations through the adoption of sustainable practices and continual improvement in effective environmental management with the intention to develop a business that is financially viable, environmentally sustainable and socially equitable, whilst ensuring the needs and expectations of our interested parties are taken into consideration.
Our key environmental commitments are:
1. Continually review fuel consumption and look to minimise this by:
- Reviewing the suitability of alternative fuels and switching to these when commercially available
- Improving the scheduling of our vehicles to minimise unnecessary ‘dead’ travelling
- Regular servicing of our vehicle fleet and operating vehicles within emissions standards
2. Continue to review our consumption of energy and other resources with a view to reduce by 10% yearly. This will be achieved by:
- Wherever possible sourcing of paper made from 100% recycled material and continue to investigate sources from managed environments
- Investigation of systems to reduce unnecessary energy use within our facilities, such as
LED lighting and motion sensor activation.
- Periodic review of utility usage data and an onus on our management team to ensure continual reduction of these
3. Preventing pollution by minimising environmental risks from our operations. Achieved by:
- Design of facilities to ensure no wastewater run off
- Compliance with and where possible exceeding, applicable legal and other requirements, such as Consent to Discharge and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
4. Reporting on our environmental performance and setting objectives and targets for improvement
- Review available data to maintain compliance to environmental to ISO14001:
- The data and policy will be reviewed at least annually
5. Actively promoting energy, fuel and resource efficiency and recycling within the business by:
- Utilisation of internal communication sources to promote recycling performance.
- Reminders within environments to promote switching off equipment after use
- 'Triad Days’ where all staff do their bit to ensure no resources are being wasted by the business
- Encouraging ‘green driving’ through implementation and utilisation of vehicle telematics
6. Provide training to staff where appropriate and the necessary resources and tools, so procedures and policies are implemented, our standards are achieved, and our objectives for the environment are met.
7. Maintaining an internal management structure for environmental issues which includes clearly defined responsibilities
We believe that our environmental policy demonstrates a positive responsibility to the community we reside within, and that staff awareness and a robust management system are key to our protection of the environment, and to the safeguarding of these communities. We have a commitment to best practices for energy management and achieve
it through planning, implementation, reporting and review. By doing this we can continually achieve enhancement of our environmental performance.
If you require any further information about this policy or our ISO 14001 accreditation (including scope of the accreditation) Please contact us at: [email protected]
Service Delivery Director
Date reviewed: 09-2021
Next review date: 09-2022