Winter Service Changes
75 Days Ago
We will be making our changes for the winter as from Sunday 9th September 2018. The network that we introduced in April 2018 will remain broadly the same but with some minor changes to timetables. In particular, to better match demand we will be making some changes to frequencies on a Saturday afternoon.
We will be making greater changes to the following routes.
- The frequency of Route 1b will be changed to operate every 20 minutes. Prior to April 2018 buses through Cranleigh Road operated every 20 minutes. Following the changes in April 2018 we increased this to every 15 minutes, but unfortunately, we have not seen a growth in passenger numbers over the period and therefore we will revert to the previous frequency for the winter.
- We will be merging routes 3/3a to improve connections to the hospital. New Route 3 will operate between Westbourne and the Hospital via Bournemouth, Charminster Road, and Castlepoint. The new route 3 will operate every 10 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime.
In order to match the resources on route 8 to the demand, the timetable will be changed for the winter to operate off-peak between Wallisdown Crossroads and Boscombe. The peak times will be designed to match shifts at Discovery Court.
- As from Friday 28th September running into Saturday morning, and on Wednesdays running into Thursday morning we will be operating a new night bus route N5 It will operate 5 journeys overnight and is designed to connect Bournemouth Town Centre and the Lansdowne to the Rail Station, Winton, Charminster, Ensbury Park and the Talbot University Campus.
- We will be introducing winter timetable for Route 7 as from 30th September. This will mean that buses will operate every hour Monday to Saturday, but there will not be a winter Sunday service as in previous years.
- Network Map from Sunday 9th September 2018
- Index of Places Served from Sunday 9th September 2018
- Frequency Guide from Sunday 9th September 2018
From 2nd September 2018
- Route 33
- Bournemouth - Christchurch via Boscombe - Royal Bournemouth Hospital - Southbourne
From 9th September 2018
- Route 1 & 1c
- Poole - Christchurch via Ashley Cross - Parkstone - Westbourne - Bournemouth - Boscombe - Southbourne
- Route 1a
- Bournemouth - Somerford via Boscombe - Iford - Christchurch
- Route 1b
- Bournemouth - Christchurch - (Somerford) via Boscombe - Southbourne - Cranleigh Rd
- Route 2
- Bournemouth - Castlepoint via Rail Station - Holdenhurst Rd - Boscombe - Iford - Royal Bournemouth Hospital - Townsend
- Route 3
- Westbourne - Royal Bournemouth Hospital via Bournemouth - Rail Station - Charminster - Castlepoint
- Route 4 & 4a
- 4: Bournemouth - Castlepoint via Rail Station - Winton - Moordown - Muscliffe
- 4a: Bournemouth - Bearwood via Rail Station - Winton - Moordown - Northbourne - Kinson - Bear Cross
- Route 5 & 5a - Bournemouth - Kinson
- 5: via Rail Station - Charminster - Winton - Leybourne Avenue - East Howe
- 5a: via Rail Station - Charminster - Winton - Columbia Road - West Howe
- Route 6
- Bournemouth - Bearwood via Rail Station - Winton - Bournemouth University - Wallisdown - Mountbatten
- Route 8
- Boscombe - Mountbatten via Charminster - Winton - Bournemouth University - Wallisdown
- Route 18
- Bournemouth - Broadstone via Westbourne - Upper Parkstone - Canford Heath - Waterloo Estate
- Route 36
- Talbot View - Bournemouth - Kinson via Bourne Valley, Glenferness Avenue, Bournemouth University and Wallisdown
- Jetbus 737
- Bournemouth - Bournemouth Airport via Rail Station, Winton, Moordown, Parley and Aviation Business Park
From 28th September 2018
- Night Bus N5
- Bournemouth - Bournemouth University via Bournemouth Station - Charminster - Winton